Gah!

Apr. 8th, 2014 06:42 pm
majorgal: (Default)
[personal profile] majorgal

So, I have an offer for the school in Maryland. I loved the community when I went and interviewed and I liked the area itself very much. Aside from no easy proximity to skiing and farther from family than I would like, it is pretty darn awesome.

Interviewed yesterday at another school...one literally ten minutes from my mother in Connecticut. Interview did not go as well as the other, but it was still strong. They have one more candidate and the director asked me not to take a job until chatting with her. So, I think I am in contention.

If the CT job had housing (I REALLY hit it out of the park with the residential life director, so I have a shot), I lean to it....a bit less change for my family. But, I believe I would be happy with the MD job.

The MD offer was made via email and we have time scheduled to chat tomorrow AM to go over specifics. I want to try to put off the decision until after I know about the CT job. Help! Advice!

Bottom line? I am in a good position. Tim has given full support either way. I am proud of myself. Several years back, I set the goal of attaining a position like this, and here I am. I feel like I just played a high-stakes chess game over several years.

The crazy thing? Part of me is hesitating on saying yes. It's not the job. I think I will do well in either. It's just the change. I mean. Moving from NH, a state I LOVE to another region is huge. It is big change for my family, and, the logistics. Sweet mother of Jesus, the logistics. But, I do this. Big change comes, and I get nervous because of the change. I will get past it.....it's just BIG, you know?

The kids have helped me to be firm that I will make a change. They have really been missing me this travel season, and it is starting to rip my heart out. I need to be with them more...that is certain. These jobs will practically double my salary, keep me home 75% more, and bring me great satisfaction [I believe]. Really, it's a no-brainer to do it. But, it's a leap, and scary, at the same time.

So, yeah. Argh!!

Date: 2014-04-09 12:17 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] lolavix.livejournal.com
Congratulations, Kim! That sounds terrific. You will get the logistics down.

Where is it in Maryland?

Date: 2014-04-09 01:38 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] majorgal.livejournal.com
Thanks! It is exciting, and I am grateful that I have this option....perhaps may even have some choice.

The logistics will come together, I have no doubt, but, ugh. Packing and moving!

It is Sparks-Glencoe. About 30 minutes northwest of Baltimore. 75 minutes from Lancaster County, PA. Lovely location. Fabulous schools. Pretty good weather situation. Good job prospects for Tim, including a branch office of his current company outside of Baltimore.

While MD is farther from my mother than I would like, with Southwest flying out of Hartford into Baltimore, we can get very cheap flights. And, my uncle lives in Lancaster, so she could make a "double dip" trip on occasion.

Date: 2014-04-09 01:47 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] orangefur.livejournal.com
Congrats! What great options you have, and what a great job you did getting yourself into this position. Hopefully you can wait to see what happens with the CT job and then weigh all the pros and cons.

Date: 2014-04-09 03:39 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] majorgal.livejournal.com
Connecticut came through with an implied offer. They are trying to secure the housing. Can't believe it!

Date: 2014-04-09 03:12 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] agustina.livejournal.com
WOw, Kim! I am so proud of you! Look at how far you've come. It's so impressive. You set great goals for yourself and you've reached (and surpassed?) all of them.

No doubt, the decision is a huge one. But I am positive that you will make the right one.

Date: 2014-04-09 03:40 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] majorgal.livejournal.com
I got an implied offer from the CT school. They know that housing is my deciding factor and they are working to secure it. I can't believe it. I got so much rejection a few years back, and now it appears I have choice in position. I feel good for taking a different path....it may just have paid off.

Date: 2014-04-09 10:18 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] lamki.livejournal.com
Kim!!!! Congrats, that is awesome!!! Good luck on your decision, I hope you get all the details about the other one soon so you can compare and decide. Change is scary, but it sounds like you are mentally prepared for it!!

Date: 2014-04-09 03:40 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] majorgal.livejournal.com
Don't have the details yet, but an offer was implied. Housing is the deciding factor and they are trying to make that happen. Can't quite believe it!

Profile

majorgal: (Default)
majorgal

April 2014

S M T W T F S
  12345
67 89101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930   

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Jul. 22nd, 2017 06:38 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios